Showcase your business on May 13 at the 2017 May Day Festival!
PoCo BizAlley business showcase will be back for a third year at the 2017 May Day Festival. This City economic development initiative was launched in 2015 to promote Port Coquitlam businesses.
BizAlley exposes businesses to thousands of residents and visitors who attend the City’s May Day Festival and Rotary May Day Grande Parade each year. The concept for PoCo BizAlley was developed by City staff participating in the BCIT Associate and Leadership Certificate program being conducted in partnership with the City.
When and where
- Saturday May 13, 12-4 pm
- Leigh Square next to City Hall
- Part of the annual post-parade community event featuring food, entertainment, children’s activities, displays, vendors and more.
- PoCo BizAlley is open to any business with a valid Port Coquitlam business licence.
- Fee: $100
- For the $100 participation fee, participants will be provided with a table, two chairs and covered tent space in a prime location at the event.
- New this year: Businesses are encouraged to sell and market their family-friendly products and services.
- Sale of food is limited to prepackaged food.
- Businesses are also encouraged to provide samples, coupons and ‘give-aways’.
- All participating businesses will also be promoted on the City website and advertised in the local newspaper.
- The City will provide tents and table space for businesses to set up their promotional materials. (Details to be confirmed in spring 2017)
- Participants will be responsible for all set-up and take-down.