How does the City go about purchasing goods and services?
The City of Port Coquitlam advertises on its website, in the local newspapers and on the BC Bid website. BC Bid is administered by the Provincial Purchasing Commission and lists business opportunities from BC Government Departments and many other Public Sector organizations.
The method of purchasing depends upon many circumstances: the value and quantity of the product or service, availability of suppliers, the urgency to meet our requirements, the length of contract period and many other factors.
How does a supplier get on the City of Port Coquitlam bidder’s list?
The City does not retain a bidder’s list or bidders registry.
Companies are invited to submit their marketing information via email to: email@example.com for distribution to the appropriate department(s).
As well as providing a valid business licence, you will be required to give proof of the following:
- A clearance letter in good standing from the Worksafe BC
- A safety program that meets Worksafe BC requirements
- A Prime Contractor Designation letter
- A Certificate of Insurance (Contractor Form/Consultant Form) with the City of Port Coquitlam named as additional insured
- Employee criminal checks where necessary
- Federal, Provincial or Municipal permits when and where applicable
Do I need a business licence to do business with the City of Port Coquitlam?
A business licence is not required to send in a bid. However, the successful proponent will be required to obtain a current business licence prior to the award. For further information please contact the Business Licencing Division at 604.927.5238.
Location and Mailing Address
1737 Broadway Avenue
Port Coquitlam BC
Summer hours are in effect through October 10, 2014.
Purchasing is open from 7:00 AM through 3:30 PM,
Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)