How does the City go about purchasing goods and services?
The City of Port Coquitlam advertises on its website, in the local newspapers and on the BC Bid website. BC Bid is administered by the Provincial Purchasing Commission and lists business opportunities from BC Government Departments and many other Public Sector organizations.
The method of purchasing depends upon many circumstances: the value and quantity of the product or service, availability of suppliers, the urgency to meet our requirements, the length of contract period and many other factors. Final decisions to contract or purchase may require Council approval.
How does a supplier get on the City of Port Coquitlam bidder’s list?
We ask that you send us a written introduction, explaining who and what your company is all about. The written submission should include:
- Company name
- Contact person
- Address, telephone and facsimile numbers
- A brief description of the products or services available
- Length of time in business
- Any other information about the business you wish to include
- Three business cards, if available
- Product brochures and catalogues are also accepted
Once this information is received, the Purchasing Division will file it in our library of commodities for future reference, and will pass your company information to other departments who may be interested in the products/services.
What if I am a contractor or service company doing business on municipal properties?
As well as providing a valid business licence, you may be required to give proof of the following:
- A Clearance letter from the Workers’ Compensation Board
- Minimum $3 million general liability insurance with the City of Port Coquitlam named as additional insured (details available)
- Employee criminal checks where necessary
- Federal, Provincial or Municipal permits when and where applicable
Do I need a business licence to do business with the City of Port Coquitlam?
A business licence is not required to send in a bid. However, the successful proponent will be required to obtain a current business licence prior to the award. For further information please contact the Business Licencing Division at 604.927.5238.
Location and Mailing Address
1737 Broadway Avenue
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2M9
8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)