The City is offering the additional waste pickup service between Christmas and January 7 to assist residents who have longer waits between collections due to statutory holidays. Residents who would like to take advantage of this free service must sort their waste correctly:
- Place all food scraps, food-soiled papers and yard trimmings in their green carts.
- Place clean paper (including wrapping paper), plastic and tins in their blue carts.
Information about how to properly sort waste is available:
- in the City’s 2012 Community Calendar, distributed to households on Dec. 7 or
- available at City facilities, and
- in printed format at City Hall.