The City of Port Coquitlam provides bi-weekly curbside collection of recyclable materials to single and multi-family residences, and to business and commercial properties. Please refer to the Collection Schedule and Zone Map to determine your collection day.
Mix It Up!
Port Coquitlam offers co-mingled recycling. That means there is no sorting required - everything goes in the recycling cart. With the exception of plastic bags and shredded paper, which should be bagged separately, do not bundle, bag or otherwise contain your recyclables.
Acceptable Recycling Material
- Dry newspaper & clean paper
- shredded paper and plastic bags (preferably in plastic bags)
- envelopes, computer and writing paper
- cereal, cracker, standard and corrugated boxes
- magazines and phone books
- plastics with codes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- milk jugs (rinse before recycling)
- tins cans, pie plates (rinse before recycling)
- pizza boxes (ensure no food material is left in the box)
- no glass
- no styrofoam
- no needles
- no diapers
- no animal waste
- no light bulbs
- no construction or renovation materials
- no paint cans or motor oil containers
- no medical waste
- All recycling must fit into the carts provided and the lids must close completely; no extra material will be collected.
- Larger or extra carts are available for additional fees. Residents who wish to change the size of their carts, or who wish to have additional carts should request a Change of Service.
- Any recyclable materials (as listed above) found in garbage carts as of Jan 1, 2008 will not be accepted in accordance with the GVRD Disposal Ban.
Do not place glass in with your recycling as broken glass mixed with the paper products significantly reduces the revenue potential of our recycling. Return glass for a refund where applicable or use the City's Glass Recycling Depots for non-refundable glass containers. Click here for more information on glass recycling and the locations of the Glass Recycling Depots.
Milk Cartons and Tetra-Paks
You can return milk cartons and beverage/food tetra-paks at your local bottle depot. Please rinse first.
Engineering and Operations
Location and Mailing Address
City Hall Annex (beside City Hall)
200 - 2564 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 3G4
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
[Return to top]