The PoCo Garden Club and the City of Port Coquitlam encourage greater and more imaginative use of flowers and other plants to make our community even more beautiful. The Pride of Poco Garden Awards recognize the efforts and promote awareness of those who beautify our community through the use of plants, flowers, fruits, vegtables and other landscape elements.
- single-family residence (front yards)
- single-family residence (back yards)
- multi-family gardens and balconies
- heritage gardens
- vegtable and food producing gardens
Printed nomination forms will be available from these facilities in the Spring of 2015:
- City Hall (2580 Shaughnessy Street)
- Leigh Square Community Arts Village (2253 Leigh Square)
- Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex (2150 Wilson Avenue)
- Hyde Creek Recreation Centre (1379 Laurier Avenue)
How to Make a Nomination
The Awards will be every two years, starting from 2013.
- Submit your nomination online
- Email nominations
- Nominate by telephone 604.927.5480
- Fax nominations 604.927.5408
- Nomination forms may be mailed to
City Hall at 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2A8
- Forms can also be dropped off at any City-owned facility
JudgingA panel of judges comprised of representatives of the City of Port Coquitlam and the PoCo Garden Club views all of the nominated gardens. Effective use of colour, space, and maintenance of plant and landscape materials will also be considered. Naturescape gardens and hardscape elements (stone walls, concrete or brick patios, tile paths, wooden deck and arbors, etc.) will also be included in the judging.
Awards Nominees and Recipient Recognition
After a residence or business is nominated, the homeowner is given a nomination sign to display in their yard to indicate their property has been included in this year’s Awards program.
Prize-winning gardens are photographed and may be featured on the City's website or in publications such as the Community Calendar.
The Pride of PoCo Garden Awards winners will be recognized for their efforts at a reception held in September 2015.
Click the links at the left to view previous Award winners.
Parks and Services Division
Location and Mailing Address
1737 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2M9
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
[Return to top]