ONLINE DOG licence RENEWAL!
Renew your dog licence online with a credit card. Click here for our online payment system.
In accordance with the City's Animal Control Bylaw, all dogs six (6) months old and over are required to have a licence. Click here to download the bylaw in PDF format.
Dog licensing Fees
|The licence fees are:||
Before Due Date
After Due Date
Unneutered or unspayed dogs
|Neutered or spayed dogs*||$32.00||$47.00|
* Copy of neuter/spay certificate required for new applications.
- licences are free for seeing eye or hearing assistance dogs with satisfactory proof.
- licences are free for new residents trading in a valid licence from another municipality.
- Discounts are available for dogs that are acquired or spayed/neutered part way through the year, with valid documentation.
Dog licence Applications
Dog licence applications are available online or from the Tax Office on the 1st floor of City Hall at 2580 Shaughnessy Street.
For applications received by mail, dog tag(s) will be mailed to you upon receipt of payment.
Dog Tags and Decals
- New applicants: A dog tag will be issued upon receipt of payment.
- Renewals: Your existing tag will remain valid for multiple years. You may request a replacement if your tag is lost or damaged.
Please note that the city will not be sending out annual stickers.
Payments can be submitted in person, by telephone or by mail to the Tax Office as noted in the Contact information below. There is also a 24-hour drop box at City Hall (to the right of the main entrance facing Shaughnessy Street).
The City of Port Coquitlam accepts the following forms of payment:
- Cash (please do not send cash in the mail)
- Credit Card (Visa, American Express or Mastercard)
- Debit (in person only)
Location and Mailing Address1st Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Business Hours8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
[Return to top]