Manager of Corporate Office and Lands
City of Port Coquitlam
Port Coquitlam Mayor Greg Moore announced the 2017-18 appointments to city committees, boards and groups at the year’s final Council meeting on Dec. 12.
Council’s five committees, most of which include citizen advisors, review new proposals and initiatives before they go to Council for a decision. The city also appoints representatives each year to a variety of local and regional boards and committees.
The 2017-18 committees are:
- Finance and Intergovernmental – Chair: Mayor Greg Moore. All Council Members.
- Responsibilities: overall city administration including human resources, city finances, community engagement, First Nations/intergovernmental relations.
- Community Safety – Chair: Cllr. Glenn Pollock; Vice-Chair: Cllr. Mike Forrest and Member: Cllr. Brad West. Citizen advisors: A. Carroll, B. Leavold
- Responsibilities: animal control, bear awareness, bylaw enforcement, crime prevention, emergency preparedness, fire services, RCMP operations and vector control.
- Healthy Community – Chair: Cllr. Laura Dupont; Vice-Chair: Cllr. Brad West and Member: Cllr. Darrell Penner. Citizen advisors: Y. Cheng, M. Bowen (PoCo Sports Alliance), B. Greenland (Arts and Culture Representative), B. Hansen (Heritage Representative).
- Responsibilities: achievement recognition, civic festivals, cultural events, recreation facility and sports field planning, cemetery operations, maintenance/improvements and leisure activities, heritage programs, and corporate energy conservation.
- Smart Growth – Chair: Cllr. Mike Forrest; Vice-Chair: Cllr. Dean Washington; and Member: Cllr. Laura Dupont. Citizen advisors: S. Balram, N. Powers. Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association (BIA) representative: Brad Fenton.
- Responsibilities: community and economic development matters such as building inspections, downtown revitalization, industrial and commercial promotion, Official Community Plan, strata title subdivision, street naming, zoning, community health, access/mobility, homelessness, built heritage, multiculturalism, social and liaison with Downtown Business Improvement Association and Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce.
- Transportation Solutions & Public Works – Chair: Cllr. Darrell Penner; Vice-Chair: Cllr. Glenn Pollock and Member: Cllr. Dean Washington. Citizen advisors: D. Becker, N. McCurrach, C. Polonio (BIA representative).
- Responsibilities: flood control, road improvements, sewer/water services, traffic safety, transportation and transit, solid waste and watercourse stewardship.
Other 2017 appointments included:
- Advisory Committees to Finance and Intergovernmental Committee
- Budget & Infrastructure Committee: Chair: Councillor Washington, Members: Mayor Moore and Councillors Dupont, Forrest, Penner, Pollock and West.
- Continuous Improvement Assessment Committee: Chair: Councillor West, Members: Mayor Moore and Councillor Washington.
- Arts Connect – Cllr. Dupont
- Fraser Health Municipal Government Advisory Council – Cllr. Pollock, alternate Cllr. Dupont
- School District #43 Municipal Liaison – Cllr. Forrest, alternate Cllr. West
- Port Coquitlam Community Foundation – Cllr. Pollock.
- Board of Variance – City representatives: H. Au, L. Baillie, T. McGoldrick, P. Vogel, R. Youssef.
- Metro Vancouver – Mayor Greg Moore, alternate Cllr. Darrell Penner.
- Fraser Valley Regional Library – Cllr. Laura Dupont, alternate Cllr. Brad West.
- May Day Task Force – Chair: B. Lee
- Canada Day Task Force – Chair: C. Genzel
- Rivers and Trails Festival Task Force –TBC
For more information and meeting schedules for committees and task forces, visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/committee.