FAMILY FUN AND INSIDER'S LOOK AT PUBLIC WORKS AT MAY 27 OPEN HOUSE
Curious about how water gets from the reservoir to your tap? Want to see some big trucks up close? Wonder what you can put into each waste cart?
You can get an insider’s look at Port Coquitlam’s Public Works services – from water to waste, roads to parks – at a free Community Open House on May 27, 10 am to 2 pm at the Public Works Yard at 1737 Broadway St.
Open to all Port Coquitlam residents, the festival-style event will be educational and fun, with:
- Hands-on displays for each Public Works service area: Interact with city staff, play the waste-sorting game, find out the journey of drinking water, learn about the snow removal program, get tips from the city’s gardeners, and more.
- Heavy machinery on display or in action, including a garbage truck, backhoe, snowplough and street cleaner.
- Free children’s activities including Gizmo the Clown, crafts, active games, facepainting and tractor-pulled hay rides.
- A hot dog barbecue by donation to SHARE Family and Community Services.
- Displays by Recycle BC and Metro Vancouver, which will also bring its Water Wagon for refilling water bottles.
- Live entertainment, giveaways and more.
Colouring Contest Grades K-5
Download and colour any of the colouring sheets below or visit City Hall or the Public Works yard to pick one up. Then bring them to the Public Works open house on Sat May 27 and submit them for a chance to wing a prize! Grade categories are Grades K-2 & Grades 3-5 .
This year’s Public Works Week theme is Public Works Connects Us, highlighting the vital role public works plays in connecting communities.