For your convenience, there are six ways to pay your utilities and property taxes in Port Coquitlam.
Pay by Internet Banking
Instructions For Paying Online
Step 1) Add Port Coquitlam Water/Sewer as a Payee
Go to your online banking website and log in.
To add a new account click on payments and add a payee. If you previously added Port Coquitlam Water/Sewer as a payee, please proceed to step 2.
- Search pay Payee Name (enter) Port Coquitlam
- You will see a number of options
- Select Port Coquitlam Water/Sewer
- Enter your Account number as your account number (ex.11000). Some banks require a 8 digit number; in that case please add 101 plus your 5 digit folio number (ex. 10111000)
- Click on submit or enter
Go to Pay Bills
- Select Port Coquitlam Water/Sewer as your payee
- Enter the amount due and the date you want the payment to be withdrawn from your account (for example March 31, 2017.
- Click on Pay bills
- Click on Confirm if the payment amount and date is correct
- Your confirmation number will appear, print this confirmation or record it on your statement for your records.
- Note that if you do not have a confirmation number your payment will not be processed.
Pay By Phone/Automated Teller Machine
If you are making your payment by Telephone, Automated Teller Machine or Internet banking, confirm that your current property roll number is the one registered on your bill payment menu.
When processing your payment via an automated teller machine, telephone or internet banking, your payment will be subject to penalties if rejected by your financial institution or if you pay after your financial institution's local cut off time on the due date. These payments will be processed with a "payment date" equal to the next business day.
Pay at Your Financial Institution
Payments by cash, cheque or money order, made payable to the City of Port Coquitlam, will be accepted in person at:
- most chartered banks in Canada
- Credit Unions in BC and participating Trust Companies
Pay By Mail*
Payments by cash, cheque** or money orders, made payable to the City of Port Coquitlam, can be mailed to:
City of Port Coquitlam
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
If you are mailing your payment, please allow ample time for your payment to be received at City Hall on or before the due date. Enclose the stub portion of your bill with your payment. If you are paying by cheque, record your tax roll number or property address on your cheque.
24-Hour Drop Off*
Payments by cash, cheque** or money order, made payable to the City of Port Coquitlam, can be hand delivered to the drop box located outside to the right of the Shaughnessy Street entrance to City Hall. (Click here for maps and directions.) The drop box is cleared daily. Payments received after midnight on the due date are subject to penalty.
Enclose the stub portion of your bill with your payment. If you are paying by cheque, record your tax roll number or property address on your cheque.
Pay In Person*
Payments by debit or cash, cheque** or money order, made payable to the City of Port Coquitlam, can be delivered in person to the Tax Office located on the first floor of City Hall at 2580 Shaughnessy Street. (Click here for maps and directions to City Hall.)
Please note that debit card transactions may be subject to daily transaction limits imposed by your financial institution.
For next year consider joining our Prepayment Plan for property taxes and utlities. Click here for more information on this convenient payment method.
* Please be aware that the City of Port Coquitlam does not accept credit cards as payment for property
taxes or utilities.
** Cheques post dated up to the due date are accepted.
For more information, contact:
Port Coquitlam Tax Office
Location and Mailing Address
First Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
[Return to Top]