In the City of Port Coquitlam, our citizens set the direction for how we govern, how we provide services and how we plan for the future. They are also instrumental in building community spirit and making our City a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Read on to find out about the many ways you can help shape your community.
Public Hearings and Other Input and Feedback
See below for opportunities to have your say, including open houses, surveys, public hearings and other ways to provide your input:
The next Public Hearing will be on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 7:00 pm for:
Please click on the link below to obtain further information:
Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3961 for 1244 and 1248 Pitt River Road
Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3995 for 1161 Kingsway Avenue
OCP/Zoning Amendment Bylaws No. 3996 and 3997 for Coach Houses
Public Input Opportunity
Other Public Participation
- Provide your ideas about improving efficiency, generating revenue or changes to service delivery year-round via the Budget Suggestion Box.
- Submit a service request, compliment or complaint through an online form.
Stay informed about municipal issues by reading the local newspapers and by:
- signing up for our e-Update electronic newsletter
- watching for Council and committee meeting agendas and minutes
- attending Council meetings or watching them on Shaw Community Channel 4, at 9 pm the day of the meeting and 11 am the following Saturday
- keeping an eye on our online Community Calendar
- reading the quarterly Update newsletters delivered with your utility notices and in the local newspapers, or online
- keeping up with Mayor Greg Moore’s activities through his webpage and Mayor's Blog
- checking out local youth activities and events on our PocoYouth website
Recognizing the diversity of our citizens, the City has embraced the following social media to reach out to different demographics:
Volunteers shape our community with their energy and talents. The City offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities, including:
- Advisory Committees and Task Forces – assist City Council and staff with coordinating a special event or become a citizen advisor to a committee
- Arts and culture
- Emergency preparedness
- Ice and in-line skating
- Leisure Buddies
- Special events
- Fitness and Active Communities
- Children’s programs
- Seniors’ Centre
- Youth programs