Remuneration for Port Coquitlam City Council is calculated annually in accordance with Council Remuneration Policy #7.14.02 and is intended to provide fair compensation in a transparent manner.
In accordance with Port Coquitlam's Council Remuneration Policy, the remuneration rates for Council as of January 1, 2013 are as follows:
- Mayor - $88,048 per annum
- Mayor's transportation allowance - $4,447 per annum
- Councillor - $34,000 per annum
- Acting Mayor Stipend - $1,340 per month (each Councillor is assigned two months per year to serve as Acting Mayor)
- Acting Mayor transportation allowance $905.75 per annum