2014-2018 Financial Plan Consultation
The City completes a five year financial plan, which is updated every year, to ensure responsible money management that relates directly to the priorites identified by the community.
The Budget Officer and the Finance Division of Corporate Services coordinates the City’s five-year Financial Plan process, analyzes department budget information, prepares non-departmental revenue estimates, assembles the budget document and provides overview, financial monitoring, and reporting once the budget is adopted. The Budget Officer assists department heads in identifying budget problems and formulating solutions.
Steps in developing a financial plan:
- City Council approves guidelines for the preparation of the five-year financial plan.
- The Finance Division addresses the financial position with the City's Corporate Management Team.
- The Finance Division coordinates budget submissions from the departments.
- The City's Corporate Management Team holds a number of meetings to finalize the proposed Five-Year Financial Plan for Council's review.
- The proposed Five-Year Financial Plan is presented to Council.
- City Council and the Corporate Management Team hold a number of meetings to review and finalize the proposed Financial and Business Plans (City Budget). All meetings are open to the public and Port Coquitlam citizens are invited and encouraged to provide their input and be part of the process.
- Financial Plan Bylaw is prepared based on Council decisions, given three readings and adopted.
- Provides City staff with clear direction and the authority to pay for services for Port Coquitlam citizens.
- Ensures City staff are accountable to the citizens.
- Meets the requirements of the Community Charter.
Manager of Financial Systems & Processes
Location and Mailing AddressCity Hall, 1st Floor
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8