Our goal is to provide pest management information, education, advice and intervention programs for residents and municipal staff so that public health and community liveability is improved and protected. Services are available for all residents with no user cost.
Vector Control Services
- Identification and information services regarding household pests and non-horticultural insects and animals common in the Tri-Cities area.
- Information about composting, bird-feeding, alternatives to chemical controls, the safe handling of pesticides, and related subjects.
- Surveys of public lands and appropriate controls for rats, ticks and insect pests that may cause problems for residents.
- A comprehensive mosquito control program for the control of nuisance and disease-carrying species of mosquitoes.
- Active pest management programs for pests that affect health on private and public land.
- Assistance on pest management issues to the general public, health authorities, bylaw enforcement officers, parks personnel, engineering staff, municipal councils and regional authorities.
- Information and advice to residents on wildlife management, as well as limited direct assistance when necessary.
If you see a pest problem on public land, want information about a pest, suspect you have a rodent problem, or just want general information about urban pest management, please give us a call. All complaints are considered confidential, and anonymous calls are accepted.
For more detailed pest information, please click on the subjects below:
Tel (voice mail) 604.927.5447
Location and Mailing Address
1737 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2M9
Vector Control staff are in the office from 8:30 am - 10:30 am, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays). If you call while staff are in the field, please leave a message for a response upon their return to the office.
[Return to top]