- 2014-03-06 - Tax Decrease Planned in Port Coquitlam (pdf) - Port Coquitlam plans to adopt its first municipal tax decrease on record, while still planning for a new recreation complex, adding a new police officer and dropping some cost-cutting plans in response to public feedback.
- 2014-03-04 - Cemetary Scattering Garden Expansion(pdf) - Currently, families can choose to memorialize their loved ones by purchasing a boulder with a plaque and spreading the cremains around and under the boulder in a peaceful woodland setting. This method of internment has become increasingly popular in the past few years. As a result, the current scattering garden is running out of space.
- 2014-02-27- Nominations Needed for Port Coquitlam Volunteer Awards(pdf) - Nominations close on Mar. 11 for the City of Port Coquitlam’s annual “thank you” to local volunteers. Although volunteers don’t dedicate their time because they expect a reward, they do appreciate being recognized for their efforts.
- 2014-02-26 - Need Funding? Apply for a Grant from the City (pdf) - The City of Port Coquitlam is once again offering $20,000 in matching grants to non-profit Port Coquitlam schools, sport, arts, environmental and community-service groups through its Self-Help Matching Program. The deadline for 2014 applications is March 31st.
- 2014-02-19 - Port Coquitlam Encourages Both Residents and Staff to Oppose Bullying(pdf) - This is Port Coquitlam’s seventh year taking part in the national anti-bullying movement that started in 2007 after students in Nova Scotia rallied around a boy who was bullied for wearing a pink polo shirt. In B.C., the provincial anti-bullying day has been recognized since 2009.
- 2014-02-17 - Centennial Legacy Carving Unveiled at City Hall on Feb. 24(pdf) - The public is invited to attend the unveiling of a carving that incorporates themes reflecting the community and its cultural heritage, and features wood from a 100-year-old silver maple tree salvaged from a development site on Pitt River Road. The ceremony will take place Feb. 24, 6 p.m. in the foyer at City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy St. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- 2014-02-14 - Share Your Ideas to Help Plan New Community Recreation Complex(pdf) - Everyone is invited to share their ideas for a new complex through an online survey available at www.portcoquitlam.ca/recplan, at interactive booths popping up at locations around the City and a team of survey takers will be on location at City facilities
- 2014-02-13 - Join an Inline Hockey Program This Spring for Non-Contact fun(pdf) - Open to male and female participants, the City’s inline hockey program is a non-contact sport that focuses on fun, safety and skill development for the younger divisions. Port Coquitlam’s program offers four different age divisions and each division plays a one hour game, once a week at the Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex.
- 2014-02-12 - Online Bill Management Now Available in Port Coquitlam(pdf) - Those who sign up for MyPortCoquitlam at www.portcoquitlam.ca/online can choose to receive their utility and tax bills electronically, view past statements and access detailed information about their bills, dog licences and business licences.
- 2014-02-06 - Strokes for Heart Swim-A-Thon Seeks to Raise $10,000(pdf) - Held Feb. 14 at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, the event aims to raise $10,000 to support the life-saving work of the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- 2014-02-05- New Online Hub Launched for Businesses and Developers(pdf) - The city has launched an online hub at www.portcoquitlam.ca/business that brings together checklists, forms, resources and information for anyone doing business, developing a property, building a structure or renovating a building in Port Coquitlam.
- 2014-02-03 - Get Tips and Information at Healthy Living Fair on Feb. 15(pdf) - Held in Wilson Centre at the Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex (2150 Wilson Avenue), the fair will feature more than 50 agencies and businesses focused on varying aspects of staying healthy as we age, including physical and mental health, wellness, recreation and financial planning.
- 2014-01-31 - Cloudy Water in Port Coquitlam Still Safe to Drink(pdf) - The flow of water in the city’s watermains will be reconfigured in order to accommodate Metro Vancouver’s upgrade of a water flow meter chamber on Davies Avenue between Fox and Westwood Streets.
- 2014-01-29 - Scalds The Most Common Cause Of Burns In Children(pdf) - In Canada, fires and burn injuries are the second leading cause of accidental death in children one to four years old, and the third leading cause of injury and death for children one to 18 years old.
- 2014-01-28 - No Fun Fridays Help Children 7-10 Get Active And Off Screen (pdf) - The program’s main goal is to encourage children to participate in physical activity and develop long-term healthy living habits.
- 2014-01-22 - Awards Honour Volunteers As Good Fortune(pdf) - Nominations are now being accepted for the annual City of Port Coquitlam Volunteer Recognition Awards – part of the City’s annual “thank you” to local volunteers. This year’s awards theme is Volunteers Are Our Good Fortune.
- 2014-01-13 - Mailout of Budget Information Promotes Citizen Participation(pdf) - The Budget at a Glance mailout, to be delivered to homes and businesses on January 14 provides an overview of the planned spending and taxes for 2014. It is a companion to the city’s 24-page Budget Highlights booklet that includes detailed information about the budget process and expenditures.
- 2014-01-09 - PSA - Royal Party Sought For Port Coquitlam May Day Festival (pdf) - Selected through a random draw, the May Day Royal Party consists of Flower Girls from Grades 1 and 2, and Princesses and lancers (similar to a knight) from Grades 4 and 5.
Media Contact:Pardeep Purewal
Manager of Communications and Administrative Services
Location:3rd Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Business Hours8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
[ Return to top ]