Recruitment and Selection
The Human Resources Division, in conjunction with City managers, plays an active role in the hiring and promoting of City staff. We recruit high quality and diversified employees at all levels in the organization. Employment Opportunities are posted on this web site.
- Jobs may be advertised in local or national newspapers
- Qualifications to be a Fire Fighter can be found in the Employment Opportunities section of this web site.
- Qualifications to be an Aquatic Leader can be found in the Employment Opportunities section of this web site.
- Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 498
- Port Coquitlam Fire Fighters Association, Local 1941 of the I.A.F.F.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
Our responsibility includes the development of compensation policies and practices, benefits administration, claims management and job evaluation. The City’s productivity, performance and success depends on our employees' health and well-being. As benefits are an integral component of total compensation, we strive to maintain an integrated benefits program that is aligned with our total compensation and human resource strategies.
Workplace Health and Safety
This includes development of programs to promote safe work practices and assisting City worksites in maintaining a safe workplace; development of health and safety policies; and liaison with the Workers' Compensation Board.
Organizational Learning, Training and Development
We provide information and direction to supervisors and employees regarding the development, delivery and evaluation of learning, training and development opportunities for our employees.
2nd Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2A8
Hours of Business
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
[ Return to top ]