The City of Port Coquitlam and the Port Coquitlam Spirit Committee are offering local groups and organizations the opportunity to share, present or perform at a City Council meeting. These short presentations are intended to celebrate community pride and reflect the social, cultural, active and creative diversity of Port Coquitlam.
The presentations take place during regular Council meetings, which may be broadcast on Shaw Cable 4. Council meetings take place the second and fourth Monday of the month (excluding August and statutory holidays) at 7 pm in the Council Chambers, on the third floor of City Hall.
The Council Community Connections program does not replace the current opportunity to appear as a delegation before City Council. Rather, it is intended to give members of our community a chance to celebrate and share their achievements and initiatives as part of civic life.
The program is open to all Port Coquitlam schools, youth groups and all non-profit community groups, associations or activities.
Types of Presentations
A wide variety of presentations are possible, such as:
- a dance school promoting an upcoming show
- a sports group showcasing an upcoming tournament
- a charity discussing its latest fundraiser
- a school drama class performing a skit
- a non-profit recreation program looking for participation
All applications are subject to availability of presentation opportunities and the following criteria:
- Applicants must represent a Port Coquitlam school, youth group, non-profit and/or recognized community group, association or activity.
- Presentations must be feasible given the space and technical limitations of the Council chambers. Smaller presentation groups without significant technical support needs will be easier to accommodate.
- Presentations must not be for the purposes of professional or pecuniary benefit
- Presentations must meet broadcast requirements for appropriate content (i.e. suitable for a daytime television audience).
- Presentations must be less than five minutes in length.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must submit a request to email@example.com no later than 30 days before the desired presentation date.
- Applications must include any support materials requested.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the Port Coquitlam Spirit Committee. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the decision.
The Council Community Connections program is coordinated by the Port Coquitlam Spirit Committee, comprised of volunteers who bring organizations and resources together to foster and celebrate community spirit.
Port Coquitlam Spirit Committee
Location and Mailing Address
Port Coquitlam City Hall
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2A8