That the following be the guidelines for the Open Question Period held at the conclusion of regular Council meetings:
1. The Open Question Period will commence after the adjournment of the regular Council meeting.
2. A maximum time of 20 minutes for questions from the press and public will be permitted; subject to curtailment at the discretion of the Chair if other business necessitates.
3. Questions may be asked of any Council member, but directed through the Chair.
4. Questions must be truly questions and not statements or opinions by the questioner.
5. Not more than 4 separate questions per questioner will be allowed.
6. Questions from each member of the attending press will be allowed preference prior to proceeding to the public.
7. The Chair will recognize the questioner and will direct questions to the Councillor or staff member whom he/she feels is best able to reply.
8. More than one Councillor or staff member may reply if he/she feels he/she has something to contribute.
NOTE: The Open Question Period will not be held during the 6 week period immediately preceding the Municipal Election.