Port Coquitlam Celebrates Canada Day - Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Take the free shuttle!A free shuttle will run continuously between Castle Park and the West Coast Express parking lot on Kingsway Avenue, every half-hour from 11:30 am until after the fireworks.
Extra free parking is available at the Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex, 2150 Wilson Avenue.
Lions Park: 8 - 11:30 am(Shaughnessy Street & Lions Park)
Lions Club Pancake Breakfast
13th Annual Fishing Derby
Children under 10 are invited to test their fishing talents at this free fun annual event - prizes and lots of family fun! Register on site. Free admission!
Castle Park: Noon - dusk
(Castle Crescent and Citadel Drive)
No stopping from 6 pm to midnight:
- Along the north side of Citadel Drive (from east leg of Citadel Crescent to Pitt River Road)
- Along both sides of Castle Crescent
- Along both sides of Citadel Drive from Confederation Drive to Castle Crescent (last leg)
Temporary street closures from 6 to 11:30 pm:
- Citadel Drive from Pitt River Road to Confederation Drive
- Colonial Drive from Citadel Drive to Moody Court
- Castle Crescent
Please note that vehicles will be towed if parked in a prohibited area. Save the hassle - take the free shuttle.
Have a green Canada Day
- Bring your water bottle - the Metro Vancouver water wagon will be onsite to refill personal water bottles for free.
- Take the free shuttle running every half hour from 11:30 am to after the fireworks, between the Westcoast Express Station and Castle Park.
- Use the waste-sorty bins to put your waste in the right place.
Opening Ceremony and Cake Cutting: Noon
Enjoy this patriotic ceremony with the Legion colour party and band, flag raising and singing of the national anthem.
Community Showcase: 12:30 - 5:30 pm
Our showcase promises to be as entertaining as ever with a variety of entertainers featuring international themes and local talents.
Children’s Activities: 12:30 - 5:30 pm
A variety of free children’s activities including: hamster balls, laser tag, face painting, a creation station, a kids' activity zone, bouncy castles and more.
International Bazaar: 12:30 - 5:30 pm
Celebrate Canada’s diversity – see the displays and shop for cultural wares a variety of community cultural groups.
Firefighters’ Salmon Barbeque: 3:30 pm start
This Canada Day favourite is being served once again by our local firefighters. All proceeds go to the Burn Fund and this feature is usually a sell out!
Evening Entertainment: 6 - 10 pm
Bring a blanket and come early to enjoy the music acts leading up to the fireworks.
The evening will see a diverse selection of music and sounds ranging from Electric Blues by Marty Bernard and The Bloo Zebra's, Johnny Gallant with a 5 piece band and a jazzy sound, followed by the Boom Booms. This independent band has toured internationally with their roots in soul sounds and increasing local acclaim as a Peak performance project runners up in 2012 and have new CD being released this summer.
6 pm Marty Bernard & The Bloo Zebras
7 pm Johnny Gallant
8 pm Boom Booms
Grande Finale Fireworks: Dusk (approx. 10:15 pm)
Enjoy the spectacular thrill of fireworks coordinated by Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services. Fireworks funded by the Onni Group.
Many thanks to our sponsors!
We also thank our community partners:
- Art Focus
- Community Crime Watch
- Girl Guides
- Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services
- Port Coquitlam Heritage & Cultural Society
- Port Coquitlam Legion Branch 133
- Port Coquitlam Lions Club
- Riverside Fly & Tackle
- Second Storey Theatre
- St. John Ambulance
Canada Day Raffle
Prizes Donated by:
- Home Depot - Port Coquitlam
- Save-On-Foods - Ottawa Street
- Remax - Judi Fenton
- Remax - Adam Wahed
- Prairie Pet Food & Supply
- PoCo Napa Auto Pro
- Safeway - Port Coquitlam
- Canadian Tire - Port Coquitlam
- Coopers Foods - Port Coquitlam
Program Coordinator - Community and Civic Events