Port Coquitlam Celebrates Canada Day - Monday, July 1
8-11:30 am: Lions Park, Shaughnessy Street and Lions Way
Lions Club Pancake Breakfast
Twelfth Annual Fishing DerbyChildren under 10 are invited to test their fishing talents at this fun annual event - prizes and lots of family fun! Register on site.
Noon - dusk: Castle Park, Castle Crescent and Citadel Drive
Help make this a green event
- Walk or ride to Castle Park. Park your bike at the free bike valet staffed by local Boy Scouts!
- Park at the West Coast Express station and take the free shuttle running every 30 minutes from 11:30 am to after the fireworks.
- Sort your waste at the waste-sorting bins on-site.
- Refundable bottles may be left with local Boy Scouts who will be on hand.
Canada Day parking restrictionsNo Stopping: 6 pm to midnight:
- along the north side of Citadel Drive (from east leg of Castle Crescent to Pitt River Road)
- along both sides of Castle Crescent
- along both sides of Citadel Drive from Confederation Drive to Castle Crescent (east leg)
- Citadel Drive from Pitt River Road to Confederation Drive
- Colonial Drive from Citadel Drive to Moody Court
- Castle Crescent
Opening Ceremony and Cake Cutting: Noon
Enjoy the ceremony, including the singing of the national anthem, flag raising and a piece of cake.
Community Showcase: 12:30-5:30pm
Our Showcase promises to be as entertaining as ever with a variety of entertainers featuring local talents and many cultures of Canada! Including a special bilingual concert at 3:15pm with children’s entertainer Will Stroet, sponsored by Canadian Parents for French.
Children’s Activities: 12:30-5:30pm
Have your face painted, enjoy the creation station, bouncy castles, laser tag, hamster balls and more, all for free, sponsored by PoCo Inn and Suites.
International Bazaar: 12:30-5:30pm
Celebrate Canada’s diversity at the International Bazaar. Experience other cultures and enjoy the displays and on-site concessions with many international features.
Firefighters’ Salmon Barbeque: 2pm start
This Canada Day favourite is being served once again by our local firefighters. Proceeds go to the Burn Fund. It's usually a sell out! Cost: $10.
Evening Entertainment: 6-10pm
Our evening performances kick off with up-and-coming Accent Band, followed by Innerwild and the Michael Wood Band.
Grande Finale Fireworks: Dusk
Enjoy the spectacular thrill of fireworks coordinated by Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services. Sponsored by the Onni Group.
Many thanks to our sponsors!
HOME DEPOT and GILLNETTER PUB
We also thank our community partners:
- Adam Wahed
- Art Focus
- Benjamin Moore Paints
- Community Crime Watch
- Coquitlam Towing
- Meridian RV
- Port Coquitlam Heritage & Cultural Society
- Port Coquitlam Scouts
- Port Coquitlam Spirit Committee
- Port Coquitlam Legion Branch 133
- Port Coquitlam Lions Club
- Riverside Fly & Tackle
- Second Storey Theatre
- St. John Ambulance
- Starbucks Coffee Company
Sandra Battle, Program Coordinator - Community and Civic Events