Improved pedestrian crossing on Shaughnessy Street near Central Elementary.
The report identifies an integrated system of bicycle and pedestrian pathways throughout the City, in accordance with the City’s strategic objectives to improve mobility and access and to build complete communities.
Since the adoption of the MPBP, a variety of improvements have taken place to both pedestrian and bicycle facilities in the community.
- Click here to read more about local bicycle network improvements.
- Pedestrian crossing improvements, such as sidewalk bulges, crosswalks and pedestrian signals.
- New sidewalks across the Coast Meridian Overpass and on connecting roads.
- Planning for pedestrian improvements (Downtown Pedestrian Circulation Study).
- Improvements for pedestrian access to/from elementary schools.
- Click here to download a PDF of the Master Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan.
- Click here to download a PDF of the report to City Council regarding the MPBP.
For more information, contact:
Location and Mailing Address:
Engineering and Operations Department
City of Port Coquitlam
#200-2564 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 3G4
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)