Held during Earth Week, the sixth annual event is part of the City’s ongoing waste-reduction efforts. Participants dispose of their unwanted items in an earth-friendly way, while benefiting from the additional bargain hunters drawn out by the large number of garage sales. Last year, 71 households signed up.
To participate, Port Coquitlam residents simply plan a garage sale at their home on April 26 from at
least 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and register online by April 16 or by phone at 604-927-5315.
Participants who register by the April 16 deadline will get free advertising for their sale in two City
newspaper ads prior to the event, as well as on the garage sale webpage.
All participants will be responsible for packing up any unsold items, similar to any regular garage
sale. The City will not be picking up unsold items, and instead is encouraging participants to donate
leftover items to charity.
Donate Leftover Items
The City will not be picking up unsold items and encourages residents to donate left over items to charity to benefit those in need and reduce the amount of waste generated.
Several area charities accept donations of household items (please phone ahead regarding larger items).
• Salvation Army Thrift Store, 2275 Elgin Ave., Port Coquitlam: 604-942-0505
• Crossroads Hospice Thrift Store, 2780 Barnet Hwy., Coquitlam: 604-949-0459
• Share Family & Community Services Society Thrift Store, 2404 St. John’s St., Port Moody: 604-931-5510
• Value Village, 552 Clark Road Coquitlam: 604-937-3976
• Shop-4-Paws Thriftstore (benefits Coquitlam Animal Shelter), 1049 Ridgeway Ave., Coquitlam: 604-931-5222
Engineering and Operations