Please take the time to review the information below to help ensure your nomination is successful.
2017 Nominations Deadline: March 10
Past Port Coquitlam Volunteer Recognition Award recipients are not eligible, but past nominees are eligible. Nominations must be for an individual (couples or group nominations are not eligible).
Nominees do not have to be a resident of Port Coquitlam, but should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Their unpaid volunteer contributions provide extraordinary help or care to families or groups in Port Coquitlam.
- They continually commit their time, talent and energy, without pay, to improve the quality of life in Port Coquitlam.
- They have been voluntarily involved in a program or project that has had a lasting benefit for Port Coquitlam and its residents
1. Collect the required information:
- Volunteer contact information – address, phone number and email address
- Description of volunteer activities, volunteer biography and supporting materials – see Checklist below for details.
Please review the checklist below prior to submitting your nomination.
- Fill out and submit an Online Nomination Form.
Checklist for a successful nomination
Is the nomination for an individual?
Nominations are not accepted for couples or groups. If both members of a couple volunteer, they must be nominated separately and on their own merit.
Does the individual volunteer in Port Coquitlam?
Although volunteers need not be Port Coquitlam residents, the Selection Committee will focus on volunteer contributions that take place in and directly benefit Port Coquitlam.
Does the nomination fully describe the volunteer’s activities?
Don’t assume the Selection Committee knows the nominated volunteer or the extent of his or her activities. Be as detailed as possible and include all information that distinguishes your nominee from other community volunteers.
- All known volunteer groups, roles and activities related to the category.
- Include date or year when each volunteer activity began.
- Estimated number of volunteer hours per month or year related to the category.
- How or why the individual started volunteering in the category area, if known.
- Other volunteer activities that may not be related to the category.
- Why the volunteer deserves additional recognition, such as:
- Examples of when the volunteer went “above and beyond” what is normally expected by volunteers.
- Sacrifices the volunteer makes or has made in order to volunteer.
Provide background or history of the person you are nominating, and any other relevant details about the individual that might have a bearing on the nomination.
- Age if applicable (required for U21 category).
- Length of residency in Port Coquitlam (if applicable).
- Family, employment and/or school details.
- Personal interests that may have a bearing on the nomination.
- Other awards or recognition the volunteer has received.
Consider additional materials that may provide new information or insight. Do not submit the original documents, as they may not be returned.
- Letters of recommendation or support.
- Publications, media stories or tributes.
Ready to submit your nomination online? Click here!