Victim Services staff and volunteers provide emotional support, crisis intervention, information on the provincial Crime Victims' Assistance Program, police and court case updates, and immediate short-term practical assistance to victims of crime.
For more information call VictimLINK at 1.800.563.0808. VictimLINK is a free service available from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm, Monday to Friday. An answering machine is available for messages after hours.
The Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam RCMP Victim Services Unit includes a dedicated and highly trained group of staff and volunteers available to victims 24 hours/7 days a week. Services include:
- 24 hour/7 day-a-week police-based crisis intervention services
- support to victims/witnesses of crime and other trauma (available in several different languages)
- support to youth and families in crisis
- community education
- At least 19 years old with a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Willing and able to obtain RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance status.
- A resident of Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam.
- Proficient in English and/or French.
- A high school graduate.
- Physically fit and able to attend all required training
For more information on Port Coquitlam's Victim Services Program, please call 604.945.1583 or visit the Coquitlam RCMP website.