Business & Development
Biz Hub brings together all the City services you need to start and operate a business, develop a property or build in Port Coquitlam.
Get one-on-one help to navigate through City requirements. Click below or drop by the City Hall Annex, 200-2564 Shaughnessy St. (enter next to BMO and Starbucks).
We’re Here For You
The city is offering more support to local businesses by opening up streets and sidewalks for patios, lineups or display space and offering in-kind services.
These changes were approved by City Council to help local businesses take advantage of B.C.’s phased restart plan, which will allow some businesses to reopen soon with appropriate public health protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The changes include:
- Opening up public rights-of-way such as streets, sidewalks and parking lots around businesses for commercial activities such as patios, lineups and product displays,
- Supporting these uses by offering in-kind services such as construction of temporary platforms or mobile structures, reconfigured lane markings, revised parking restrictions or relocated infrastructure such as signs, planters, benches, waste containers, and
- Streamlining processes and provide a “one-stop shop” for right-of-way encroachment permits,
- Waiving the related application, security and other permit fees for 2020
- Temporarily eliminating late fees for business licences.
City staff will work with businesses to provide advice about how they can meet the regulatory and insurance requirements. Interested businesses should contact the City’s Property Use Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-927-5266.
Share Your Feedback – Take Our Survey
We’re asking local business owners to let us know how COVID-19 is impacting your business. Please fill out our survey and tell us about the challenges you’re facing and what information you might need.
Personal information entered on this form is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) for the purposes of processing your input . If you have any questions or concerns about how your information will be used, contact the City’s Records and FOIPPA Administrator at 604.927.5250 or email@example.com.
Additional Resources for Businesses
Doing Business in Port Coquitlam
Building or Developing a Property