Road Closure Permit
Road Closure Permits may be requested from the Transportation Division of Engineering & Public Works for purposes such as:
- City works
- residential and commercial development
- special events
- government and private utilities agencies working within the City road right-of-way
Get Started: Pre-application
The Engineering & Public Works Department will only accept complete application packages for road closure requests, including the road closures fee as outlined in Schedule “B” of the Fees & Charges Bylaw.
For work related to construction, utility, or temporary storage:
- Complete Road/Lane Closure Request & Notice of Prime Contractor Form
- Provide a Traffic Management Plan showing signage, traffic control plans and addresses on each street affected by the works (hand-drawn plans are not acceptable).
- Advance notification is required using electronic reader boards if the work is on an arterial road and will take longer than one day.
- Construction notification boards (black letters on orange background) are required if the work is on a collector road and will take longer than one day.
For special events such as parade, race or walk:
- Complete Special Event Form
- Provide a plan and/or route map of the area identifying key elements and areas you wish to use.
- Construction Notification Boards (black letters on orange background) are required on arterial and major collector roads
The City will review the application to ensure road safety features will be installed and public notification will be provided. The City will only accept complete applications and provide any applicable feedback within eight working days.
Location and Mailing Address
City Hall Annex, (beside City Hall)
200 – 2564 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)