Develop a Property

Are you developing a new project or proposing major changes to an existing building?

This page includes information about development and redevelopment projects, generally involving multiple units or structures. These may include single-family homes in the RS4 zone, duplexes, multi-family complexes, and industrial, commercial and institutional properties.

If your property is in a RS1 to RS3 residential zone, please refer to Build or Renovate a Structure.

As of July 28, 2018 the City will require electric vehicle charging rough-ins in new residential buildings. See Electric Vehicles.

Get Started

A property’s zoning and Official Community Plan (OCP) designation determines what types of development and uses are permitted on the property.

Check PoCoMAP for zoning, OCP designation and other property information

Does your zoning or OCP designation match your plans?

  • If yes, proceed to the checklist below.
  • If not, click for more information about:

As of July 28, 2018 the City will require electric vehicle charging rough-ins in new residential buildings. See Electric Vehicles.

Project Checklist

Below is a checklist of reviews and permits required for property development in Port Coquitlam – see the description to determine which apply to your project. Each linked page includes topic-specific contact information.


Development Engineering Inspections

Development Engineering now requests that you book your inspection’s using the form below. Please ensure all fields are filled in.

If you are having trouble filling out the form please contact Development Engineering at 604.927.5420.


Planning Division
Tel 604.927.5442

Building Division
Tel 604.927.5444

Development Engineering
Tel 604.927.5420

Location and Mailing Address

City Hall Annex (Above the Bank of Montreal, 200-2564 Shaughnessy St, Port Coquitlam, BC, V3C 3G4

Business Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)