Supporting and promoting economic growth is a primary focus for the City. We’re taking steps to be even more responsive to the needs of our businesses by improving communications, streamlining our application processes, and launching initiatives such as:
Open for Business Award
Port Coquitlam was every proud to win the provincial government’s 2014 Open For Business Award.
- See our submission to learn about the work we’ve been doing and plan to do to help small businesses thrive in Port Coquitlam.
- Media release: 2014-09-25 – City Wins Award for Supporting Small Businesses (pdf)
An ideal place to do business
Port Coquitlam has a wide range of commercial, service and industrial businesses located in both established and new commercial and industrial areas. Our biggest firms employ hundreds of people. They have selected Port Coquitlam for reasons including:
- proximity to transportation corridors
- availability of skilled workforce, services and amenities
- competitive lease rates; and
- a picturesque setting.
Port Coquitlam is an ideal place for smaller and specialized manufacturers, retailers and service providers.
Open door policy
We encourage business owners, operators and potential investors to communicate with the City regarding their questions and concerns.
Location and Mailing Address
City Hall Annex (above the BMO Building)
200- 2564 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 3G4
Business Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)