Councillor Brad West
A life-long resident of Port Coquitlam, Brad West was elected at age 23 as the City’s youngest-ever City Councillor.
Re-elected in 2011 and 2014, Brad is passionate about ensuring Port Coquitlam continues to be a great place to live and raise a family. He is particularly focused on bringing jobs to our community, maintaining affordability, improving transportation and providing opportunities for young people in sports and recreation.
Brad lives in Port Coquitlam with his wife Blaire. The couple recently welcomed their first child, Liam. Outside of his Council duties, Brad keeps busy playing hockey, dirtbiking, reading and spending as much time possible outdoors with family and friends.
He is graduate of the University of Victoria, St. Francis Xavier University and most recently completed a Diploma program in Leadership at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC
- First elected to Council in November 2008
- Chair, Smart Growth Committee
- Chair, Continuous Improvement Assessment Committee
- Vice-Chair, Healthy Community Committee
- Member, Community & Intergovernmental Committee
- Member, Finance & Budget Committee
- Member, Sustainability & Environment Committee
- Alternate City Representative, School District # 43 Municipal Liaison
- Alternate City Representative, Fraser Valley Regional Library