Councillor Glenn Pollock
Glenn Pollock is probably best known in Port Coquitlam for his many years playing and coaching lacrosse, coaching hockey and supporting local sport. Glenn’s volunteer efforts, often in collaboration with his wife Christine, mirrored their family life through the years and included volunteering at schools and coaching sports teams as their three boys grew up. Glenn now enjoys time with his four grandchildren, Lily, Charlie, Hayden and Ruby.
A resident of Port Coquitlam since 1982, Glenn grew up in Trail and developed an interest in broadcast journalism when working as a radio station DJ as a teenager. He later earned a degree in broadcast journalism from BCIT, but ultimately chose a career with the schedule and stability that suited his roles of dedicated father and community volunteer. After being employed with Safeway for 30+ years in shipping and receiving, he now serves as an aide to a provincial MLA. He has also worked security for sports and entertainment events over the years.
Glenn’s other volunteer efforts have included helping the Mother Hastings Emmanuelle Society feed the homeless in Vancouver. He currently plays on the Tri City Masters Field Lacrosse League and
coaches U-18 Field Lacrosse. Glenn also served on various City committees related to sports and
recreation, and received a City of Port Coquitlam Volunteer Recognition Award in 2004.
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC
- Elected to Council November, 2008
- Chair, Community Safety Committee
- Vice-Chair, Transportation Solutions & Public Works Committee
- Member, Finance and Intergovernmental Committee
- Member, Budget & Infrastructure Advisory Committee
- City Representative, Fraser Health Municipal Government Advisory Committee
- City Representative, Port Coquitlam Community Foundation
- Chair, Tri-Cities Collaborative Health Table
- President, Legion Housing Society
- Past President Poco Saints Minor & Junior Lacrosse Club
- Past member Poco Bantam Hockey Tournament Committee
- Lacrosse coach BC Summer Games 2006 in Kamloops
- Four year member of the Port Coquitlam Downtown BIA Car Show Committee
- Graduated from BCIT with a Degree in Broadcast Journalism