Councillor Nancy McCurrach
New Zealand born and growing up in Quesnel BC Nancy gained a lifelong respect for the outdoors, nature and protecting the environment. Previously she was employed as a tree planter while living in a tent one summer, the BC Parks Branch another summer, and a florist. Nancy attended UBC in the Faculty of Education studying Art & Physical Education. Previously Nancy trained in Shotokan Karate and earned the rank of 2nd-degree black belt. Very much a people person Nancy landed a career in the telecommunications industry spanning 31 years. In 2021, she was recognized with a TELUS Legend Award – the highest recognition a TELUS team member can achieve, resulting from achieving extraordinary contributions to her customers, the business, her teams and her community. In 2017 she was named Port Coquitlam Volunteer of the Year in the category of Safety and Caring, and the recipient of the prestigious USW International Jefferson Award for Outstanding Public Service and a Community Champion for helping the most vulnerable newcomers to Canada in the Tri-Cities. She continues to volunteer in the community while wholeheartedly serving the people of Port Coquitlam.
Nancy and her husband Ray have lived in Port Coquitlam since 1992. They have four children; Katrina, Monica (Andrew Murphy), Jackie, Bill and two grandchildren. The “McCurrach” family are well known in the community for their involvement in highland dancing, softball, hockey and lacrosse.
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC
- First Elected 2018
- Council Designate, Arts & Culture, Heritage, Youth & Seniors, Environment and Climate Action
- City Representative, Port Coquitlam Arts Council
- City Representative, Tri-Cities Homelessness & Housing Task Force
- City Representative, Fraser Valley Regional Library
- City Representative: Coquitlam River Watershed Roundtable
- City Representative: Wilson Seniors Advisory Board
- City Representative: E-Comm 9-1-1 (Cities of Burnaby, New West, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody, Village of Belcarra)