Mayor Brad West
- Elected as Port Coquitlam’s 16th Mayor in October 2018
- Council Designate, Planning & Development
- Council Designate, Downtown & Economic Development
Metro Vancouver Committee Appointments:
- Metro Vancouver Board Member
- Mayors Committee, Chair
- COVID-19 Response & Recovery Task Force, Member
- Finance and Intergovernment Committee, Member
- Regional Economic Prosperity Management Board, Member
- Regional Planning Committee, Member
- Metro Vancouver Flood Resiliency Task Force
- Metro Vancouver – Invest Vancouver Management Board
- Mayors’ Council, Member
- Mayors’ Council on Regional Transportation, Member
Municipal Finance Authority:
Request a Meeting
Mayor West has an open-door policy and readily meets with Port Coquitlam citizens and stakeholders to discuss issues affecting the community.
Requests to meet with the Mayor must be made in writing to:
- Mayor’s Office, Port Coquitlam City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy St., Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Requests must include:
- A contact person and their daytime contact details
- The names of those to attend
- The subject of the meeting.
A life-long resident of Port Coquitlam, Brad West was first elected to Council in 2008. He was re-elected in 2011 and 2014, receiving the most votes of all candidates both times.
In 2018, Brad was elected as the 16th Mayor of the City of Port Coquitlam.
Brad is focused on the key priorities of our residents:
- Ensuring Port Coquitlam is the best place in BC to raise a family.
- Making life more affordable for everyone, especially working families and seniors.
- Respecting taxpayers with responsible financial management.
- Attracting more and diverse businesses and amenities to Port Coquitlam, especially our downtown.
- Promoting sports and recreation opportunities.
- Enhancing our natural environment, rivers, trails and parks.
Brad lives in Port Coquitlam with his wife Blaire. In 2017, the couple welcomed their first child, Liam and in 2021, their family welcomed a second son, Owen. Becoming a Dad motivates Brad every day to make Port Coquitlam a place future generations will be proud to call home.
He is a graduate of the University of Victoria, St. Francis Xavier University and most recently completed a program in Leadership at Harvard University.
Birthday and Anniversary Greetings
Upon request, the Mayor will provide greetings to Port Coquitlam residents celebrating birthdays of 75 years and up or celebrating wedding anniversaries of 40 years and up.
Invite the Mayor
The Mayor’s Office receives numerous invitations to various events in and around Port Coquitlam. Please provide as much notice as possible when inviting the Mayor to your event.
Mayor Brad West can be contacted by phone, fax, email, mail, and by appointment in his office.
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays)
Location and Mailing Address
Mayor Brad West
3rd Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC