Mayor Greg Moore
Mayor Greg Moore was elected to Port Coquitlam City Council in 2002, and was elected as the City’s 15th mayor in 2008. In addition to his full-time duties as Mayor, he has chaired the Metro Vancouver Board of Directors since 2011.
Mayor Moore is a life-long Port Coquitlam resident and lives there today with his wife and daughter. He has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, with an emphasis on Digital Technology, from Royal Roads University, in addition to a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Geography/Planning from Simon Fraser University.
Elected as Port Coquitlam’s 15th Mayor in November 2008
- First elected to Council in November 2002
- Chair, Finance and Intergovernmental Committee
- Member, Budget & Infrastructure Committee
- Member, Continuous Improvement Assessment Advisory Committee
- Chair, Metro Vancouver Board of Directors
- TransLink Mayors’ Council on Regional Transportation
- Trustee on Municipal Finance Authority
- Member, WESTAC, Board of Directors
- Steering Committee Member, BC Mayors’ Caucus
- Co-Chair, Integrated Partnership for Regional Emergency Management (IPREM)
- Recipient of the Rotary Paul Harris Fellow Award
- Named to Vancouver Magazine Power 50 in 2014
- Over 10 years municipal government experience as a Port Coquitlam City employee in Parks & Recreation and Development Services Departments
- Lifelong resident of Port Coquitlam
- Married to Erin with one daughter, Madison
- Board Member and Founder, I Am Someone to End Bullying Society
- Honourary Chair and Founder, Homes for Good Ending Homelessness Society
- Honourary Chair of the Heart of Hawthorne Foundation
- Past Board Member, HR MacMillan Space Centre Board of Directors
- Past Co-Chair, Capital Fundraising Task Force, New View Society
- Past Board Member, Port Coquitlam Heritage and Cultural Society
- Past Chairperson, Terry Fox Hometown Run
- Past Chairperson, North East Sector Stream Stewardship Committee
- Masters of Business Administration (with emphasis in Digital Technology), Royal Roads University
- Bachelor Degree in Urban Geography/Planning, Simon Fraser University
- Diploma, Douglas College
Request a Meeting
Mayor Moore has an open-door policy and readily meets with Port Coquitlam citizens and stakeholders to discuss issues affecting the community.
Requests to meet with the Mayor must be made in writing to:
- Mayor’s Office, Port Coquitlam City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy St., Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Requests must include:
- A contact person and their daytime contact details
- The names of those to attend
- The subject of the meeting.
Birthday and Anniversary Greetings
Upon request, the Mayor will provide greetings to Port Coquitlam residents celebrating birthdays of 75 years and up or celebrating wedding anniversaries of 40 years and up.
Invite the Mayor
The Mayor’s Office receives numerous invitations to various events in and around Port Coquitlam. Please provide as much notice as possible when inviting the Mayor to your event.
Mayor Greg Moore can be contacted by phone, fax, email, mail, and by appointment in his office.
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays)
Location and Mailing Address
Mayor Greg Moore
3rd Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC