Successful cities develop a vision of how they want to look in the future. They determine community priorities. They align decisions and actions with supported and shared goals. And they adhere to a strategic plan that clearly defines the goals and objectives that will lead to the vision.
Adopted June 13, 2011, the City of Port Coquitlam’s Corporate Strategic Plan (entitled Vision 2020) outlines the community’s vision for the future and will guide the City’s policy, operations and financial decisions through to 2020 as we work to achieve that vision. Vision 2020 replaced the former strategic plan adopted in 2002.
The Strategic Plan is built around the following Vision: Port Coquitlam is a happy, vibrant, safe community with healthy, engaged residents and thriving businesses, supported by sustainable resources and services.
Our City’s energetic and resourceful staff, governed by a dedicated City Council, will bring our Vision to life.
Our collective Mission is: We strive to do it right by researching, planning, building and executing well-balanced solutions.
Consultation with staff and the community produced a series of Outcomes that will help us achieve our Vision:
- Sustainable Future – Appreciates the need to sustain City services, the environment and the community into the future. It is intended to leave future generations the means to maintain services provided today, and to sustain our natural setting and social needs.
- Sense of Community – Appreciates our community spirit. A friendly face on the street, healthy residents and community celebrations identify us and make our City a happy place to live, work and play.
- Strategic Service Delivery – Appreciates the business community. By recognizing the importance of the businesses in the City, benefits are realized by our residents and businesses.
- Economic Strength – Appreciates our quality of life. Protective services, utilities and parks are important to our safety, health and well-being.
- Community Well-being – Appreciates those that deliver our municipal services. Service delivery is a balanced approach that ensures the service delivery model supports staff and the community.
In the years leading up to 2020, our policy, operational and financial decisions will be guided by Directions and Initiatives that are designed to achieve these Outcomes.
Director of Finance