Appearing as a Council Delegation
Members of the public may request to make a presentation to Port Coquitlam City Council at a Council meeting about issues affecting the City. Depending on the topic, some delegations will be scheduled for a Council Committee meeting prior to going to Council.
To request to be a delegation, complete the online form below or download a PDF form and submit it by fax to 604.927.5402, by email to email@example.com, or by hand delivery/mail to the Corporate Office, Second Floor, Port Coquitlam City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street, V3C 2A8.
A Corporate Office staff member will contact you to confirm your attendance at the meeting. If you require any audio/visual equipment, advise the staff member at that time.
- A maximum of three delegations will be accepted per Council meeting.
- Requests must be made in writing by noon on the Monday prior (one week before) to the Council meeting at which you wish to appear. See Delegation Requests below. If there is no available time slot, a staff member of the Corporate Office will contact you to make alternate arrangements.
- Late requests to be a delegation require Council’s approval on the night of the Council meeting.
- Maximum two speakers per delegation.
- Maximum five minutes per delegation, regardless of how many speakers.
- Materials to be included in the agenda must be provided to the Corporate Office by noon on the Wednesday prior to the Council meeting.
- Maximum six slides per PowerPoint presentation. Presentations must not be for personal, professional or pecuniary benefit, and visualizations must be factual.
- Delegations may not be made on any Official Community Plan or zoning applications between the conclusion of a public hearing and Council’s final reading of the bylaw.
Online Delegation Request Form
If you need any assistance completing this form or if you have questions regarding your appearance as a delegation to Council, please contact the Corporate Office at 604.927.5421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other committees, please contact:
Community Safety Committee
Jennifer Lambert at 604.927.5461 or email@example.com
Healthy Community Committee
Parks and Recreation Department at 604.927.7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance and Intergovernmental Committee
Lisa Graham 604.927.5213
Smart Growth Committee
Jennifer Little at 604.927.5243 or e-mail email@example.com
Transportation Solutions & Public Works Committee
Penny Martin at 604.927.5315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council meetings begin at 7 pm in the Council Chambers. Delegations are among the first items on the agenda, so arrive by 6:45 pm. If you have made arrangements to use audio/visual equipment, meet with a Corporate Office representative by 6:45 pm.
- Delegations are called forward to speak at the podium, and are asked to state their name and address at the start of your presentation, and to speak directly into the microphone.
- After the presentation, the Mayor and/or Councillors may ask questions.
- Once you have finished your presentation, you may resume your seat or leave in a quiet, orderly manner that does not interrupt the proceedings.
Location and Mailing Address
2nd Floor, City Hall, 2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Business Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)