The Coquitlam RCMP Victim Services Unit (VSU) staff provide 24/7 on-scene crisis response and ongoing support to victims and witnesses of crime or other traumatic events that occur in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Anmore and Belcarra.
Victim Services support include:
- Crisis intervention for victims or witnesses of any traumatic event or critical incident such as; domestic violence, serious motor vehicle collisions, a sudden death or suicide, or acute family problems. This includes walk-in clients as well as clients referred by other community service providers.
- Safety Planning
- Support and information for victims and witnesses as they navigate through the investigational and legal processes that follow a critical incident.
- Assistance to victims of fires, floods and other disasters in partnership with Emergency Management BC and our local municipal Emergency Social Services agencies.
- Relevant referrals to key community support agencies.
- Education and outreach on request to community service providers and other groups interested in learning more about personal and public safety.
If you are a victim or witness of crime and/or trauma and wish to access the free services of Coquitlam RCMP Victim Services, please phone Victim Assistance 604-945-1585 .