Greener City is a Port Coquitlam initiative that is engaging the community in meeting Port Coquitlam’s environmental commitments. Learn more about the City’s activities to support and enhance the environment.
Sign Up for a Work Party Nov. 28 or Dec. 5, 2021
Coutts Park, 1070 Coutts Way
Sunday Nov. 28 – 10 am to about 3 pm
Sunday Dec. 5, 2021 -10 am to about 3 pm
Residents of all ages are invited to join two upcoming work parties to enhance Coutts Park. Please pre-register below to enable organizers to prepare adequate supplies.
The work parties are intended to:
- Plant 300 native plants and trees, including Vine and Bigleaf Maple, Douglas and Grand Fir, Red Alder, birch, Sitka Spruce, Western Red Cedar, Pacific Crab Apple, Bitter Cherry, Beaked Hazelnut and Black Hawthorne.
- Remove blackberry and other invasive plant species.
Details for participants:
- People of all ages may sign up, but children ages 12 or less must be accompanied by an adult.
- Come prepared with gloves and appropriate outdoor footwear and clothing.
- The City will provide shovels, water and snacks, although we recommend you bring your own shovels if you have one.
- Each work party will begin with an orientation of the work site as well as instruction on tree planting and identifying and removing invasive plants.
- Staff will be on hand throughout the event to assist and guide participants.
- An information tent with an educational display will also be set up in the park.
- Participants are encouraged to stay for the whole session but may leave at any time.
The events are funded by grants from Earth Day Canada and Trees Canada.