New Resident Information
Are you new to Port Coquitlam?
Contact City Hall to receive your City Info Guide along with information about community events, maps of the various rivers and trails within our community, recreation and leisure activities, and many more helpful tips and information. A variety of information is available in person at Port Coquitlam City Hall. You can also contact 604.927.5411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information.
On this page you will find out about the City, get answers to frequently asked questions, check out tips for new residents and consult the community directory for key contacts and other community resources.
Looking for facilities or parks? Or maybe zoning information about your new neighbourhood? Use PoCoMap, our interactive mapping tool, to view and print information. With PoCoMap, you can access:
- detailed property information: property lines, zoning, OCP designation, legal descriptions, legal plans, taxes, utility charges, assessments and aerial photographs
- road information: street names, truck routes, and road closures
- locations of public facilities and amenities: schools, parks and trails
- garbage zone, flood plan, and contour maps
New Resident Checklist
The following list of topics and related links should help you find the information you need to get settled into your new community.
Information Available within the City
- Where is City Hall?
- How can I find out more about Port Coquitlam like history, statistics and facts and the community profile?
- How do I get a business licence?
- How do I get a dog licence?
- What are the City recreation programs and facilities?
- What is the garbage pickup schedule?
- How do I report a bylaw violation in my neighbourhood?
- What are the local emergency services?
- How can I get involved in my community?
- How do I pay my property taxes?
- What are the names of the Mayor and City Councillors and how can I contact them?
- How do I deal with water service problems?
- Who do I call about a water main leak or a sewer backup?
- What is the Council meeting schedule?
- What permits do I need for renovating my home?
- What are my responsibilities as a homeowner?
- What road and traffic improvements are scheduled?
- How do I obtain public transit information and schedules?
Community Services, Other Government Agencies and Organizations
- What is my local school?
- Where is the Public Library?
- Where are my local hospitals?
- Who is my provincial government representative?
- Who is my federal Member of Parliament?
- Bus Schedules and Transit Services
- Community Services Directory and Contact Information
- Council/Committee Meeting Schedules
- Dog licences
- Emergency Services
- Events and Attractions
- Community Calendar
- Federal Representative Contact Information
- Garbage, Recycling and Green Waste Collection
- Home Owner Responsibilities