The photo gallery below features photographs taken in and around the City of Port Coquitlam by members of our community.
The city is always looking for photos of scenes and landscapes from all four seasons that showcase the natural beauty of the community (e.g. flowers, wildlife and landscapes). Images that show the photo was taken in Port Coquitlam are preferred to close-ups.
Submitted photos will be placed in the above gallery and considered for the calendar and other city publications.
Entitled Naturally PoCo, the colourful letter-sized calendar includes:
- Information about city events, services and meetings.
- Waste collection schedule in the monthly calendars.
- Space in the monthly calendars for writing personal schedules.
Featured throughout the calendar are striking photos of Port Coquitlam’s natural beauty captured by local photographers.
The city will also be using the photos for its Community Banner Program, which are installed along various city streets in time for the May Days Festival for a one year period.
Photo credits will be applied to all submitted photos used in the calendar, and whenever possible in other city publications.
To be considered for the calendar and banners, photos must meet the following criteria:
- Format: jpeg or tiff
- Orientation: horizontal for calendar and vertical for the banners
- Size: at least 300 dpi at a size of 13” wide by 10” deep OR a file size of at least 2 MB
- File label: include topic, year taken and photographer’s name (e.g. Mountain view 2018 Bob Smith.jpg)
The glossy 8.5 X 11 calendar will land on doorsteps throughout Port Coquitlam this December.