Celebrate and Connect on Canada Day in Port Coquitlam Featuring Live Music, Food Trucks, Beverage Garden and Fun for Everyone
Canada Day in Port Coquitlam will be an afternoon of live music and performances by award-winning artists including headliner Barney Bentall and son Dustin Bentall, food trucks, local craft beer and distillery, and a variety of free activities.
The City recognizes that residents are reflecting on the past and celebrating community in different ways. Canada Day in Port Coquitlam offers a variety of family friendly activities and culturally diverse entertainment.
Walk, bike, take transit or take a free shuttle from the Port Coquitlam Station (West Coast Express station) to join your friends and neighbours at the park to celebrate Canada Day. The shuttle service is scheduled to leave from the station beginning at 2:30 p.m. and run every 10-15 minutes until 11:30 p.m.
Schedule of Events
Lions Park 8-11:00 a.m.
- Pancake breakfast served by the local Lions Club – Lions Park ($7/adult, $3/child under 10)
- Free fishing derby with prizes for children age 10 and under (no registration required). Prizes sponsored by Meridian RV.
Everyone Welcome for the Outdoor Live Music, Beverage Garden and Activities for All Ages at Castle Park
- 3:00 p.m., Opening Ceremonies, national anthem and cookies
- 3:45 – 10:15 p.m., Live Entertainment including:
- Tri City School of Music, local youth performance
- Miss Shauna, powerhouse vocals
- Amira Dance Group, belly dance
- Vancity Lion Dance, traditional and modern lion dance
- Royal Academy, Bhangra dance
- Rumba Calzada, eclectic mix of Latin, Salsa and Afro-Cuban rhythms
- 3 – 7 p.m., A variety of family friendly activities including:
- Art Focus – pick up a paintbrush and add your own colour to the community canvas; children can create their own chalkboard art masterpiece
- Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association (PoCo BIA) – face painting
- City of Port Coquitlam Info. booth – family games and photo booth.
- 3 – 10 p.m, Beverage garden with on-site food and drink:
- Food trucks – Cazba Express, Salty’s Lobster Express, Spice Art Indian Cuisine, Agri Mexican Cantina, Sweet Tooth Creamery, KYU Grill and more
- Assumption Youth – non-profit community group – cotton candy & popcorn
- Local craft brewery/distillery: (Debit/Credit option available). Last call 9:30 p.m.) Boardwalk Brewery, Patina Brewing, Provincial Spirits and Tinhouse Brewing.
- 9:15 – 10:15 p.m., JUNO award-winning artist Barney Bentall, pop/rock singer-songwriter most well-known for his 1990s-era band, Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts, taking the stage alongside his son Dustin Bentall – a compelling storyteller and counter-culture Canadian cowboy.
- Dusk: Grand finale fireworks display by Archangel Fireworks.
Families are encouraged to visit local businesses to fill their picnic baskets. The Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association (PoCo BIA) has a list of food vendors on its website at downtownpocobia.com.
The following traffic/safety control measures will be put into place from 10 a.m. – midnight:
- Mary Hill pedestrian overpass & Castle Park trails: closed 10 a.m. – midnight
- Citadel Drive from Confederation Drive to Castle Crescent:
- No stopping 6 p.m. – midnight
- Citadel Drive from Confederation Drive to Pitt River Road:
- No parking 9 p.m. – midnight
- Temporary street closures from 9 p.m. – midnight
- Citadel Drive from Pitt River Road to Confederation Drive, on Colonial Drive from Citadel Drive to Moody Court, and on Castle Crescent and Nova Scotia Avenue at Citadel Drive (local residents will be permitted access with proper identification verified by RCMP).
Vehicles must be moved from the above locations by 9 p.m. to avoid being towed.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada. Financé en partie par le gouvernement du Canada.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam