Celebrate Canada Day in Port Coquitlam
Port Coquitlam’s annual Canada Day celebrations kick off at 8 a.m. with a pancake breakfast and fishing derby at Lions Park. The fun continues from noon to dusk at Castle Park with live entertainment, firefighters salmon barbecue and the Grand Finale Fireworks.
Schedule of Events
- 8-11:30 a.m.: Pancake breakfast served by the local Lions Club ($5/adult, $3/child under 10) and a free fishing derby with prizes for children age 10 and under (register on-site – Lions Park).
- 12 p.m.: Opening ceremonies, national anthem, flag raising and cake – Castle Park.
- 12:30-5:00 p.m.: Community showcase – Featuring local performers and hosted by Brad Rossington: Silver Chord Choir, Mellado Dance Elite, TC School of Music, Hickelstock, Venezualan Folk Group Asi Somos, Jocelyn Pettit Band and more.
- 12:30-5:00 p.m.: a variety of free children’s activities including hamster balls, laser tag, face painting, a creation station, a kids’ activity zone, bouncy castle and more.
- 12:30-5:00 p.m.: paint a tile for the Canada 150 Mosaic and share your journey to Port Coquitlam story.
- 12:30-5:00 p.m.: Community marketplace – explore a variety of community and cultural displays.
- Noon to dusk – an impressive lineup of food vendors: from Homestyle Perogies to Asian Fusion Ice Cream, Smokies, Cotton Candy and more.
- 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. – Firefighters Salmon Barbecue.
- 5:30-10 p.m.: Bring a blanket to enjoy the music acts leading up to the fireworks – Joe Fernandes Band, the Heels, Chersea and headliner Jordan Klassen, peak performance artist.
- Dusk: Grande finale fireworks coordinated by local firefighters.
In what has become an annual tradition, local firefighters will once again be serving up charcoal barbecued salmon at the City of Port Coquitlam’s Canada Day celebrations July 1 at Castle Park.
From 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., the crews from Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services will be serving up a complete salmon dinner for $10. The popular barbecue is usually a sell-out.
As in past years, all proceeds will go to the BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn Fund. Hamburgers and hotdogs will also be available.
The event is sponsored by Onni Group and with funding from Canadian Heritage. Visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/canadaday for more details and any schedule changes.
Port Coquitlam Celebrates Canada 150
The fun continues on Aug. 26, when Port Coquitlam celebrates Canada’s 150th birthday with a free arts, music and nature festival headlined by Vancouver international recording and touring sensations Delhi 2 Dublin. Mark your calendar and plan to be in town for a day of music, food and fun. Details at www.portcoquitlam.ca/canada150
Program Coordinator – Community & Civic Events
City of Port Coquitlam