Celebrate the Fall Season in Port Coquitlam
The City of Port Coquitlam is offering a full line up of free, accessible and family friendly events to celebrate the fall season. Families can take part in outdoor activities, buy farm-fresh food, enjoy arts and crafts, and learn about our local parks and resources.
Mark your calendars and join us at the following events!
- Port Coquitlam Farmers Market, Leigh Square
The Port Coquitlam Farmers Market runs every Thursday 3–7pm until October 10. With over fifty vendors, the Market offers locally grown vegetables and fruit, home-made baking and artisan-made goods. Enjoy weekly themes, events and performances for the whole family. Check www.portcoquitlamfarmersmarket.org for more information.
- Moon Festival, Sat. Sept.14, 10am–12pm
Features storytelling at the Leigh Square Bandstand
- Free Public Skate, Sat. Sept 14, 3:15–4:45pm, Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Limited free rental equipment available. Proper skating attire is required.
- Terry Fox Hometown Run, Sun. Sept 15, 10am
Help support the legacy of our Hometown hero Terry Fox. Walk run, wheel or run to support cancer research. Register here: ca/terryfox
- Rivers & Trails Festival, Sun. Sept 22, 11am–3pm, Lions Park
Mural painting, entertainment, kids’ activities and more. For more information about the event or artists, visit ca/festivals or call 604.927.7900.
- Culture Days, Sept 28, Leigh Square
Free workshops and events:
- 10:30am–3:30pm Lumen Print Workshop (8+yrs) – Learn how to make photoprints using the sun and natural materials with artist Phyllis Schwartz. Registration required through experienceit.ca.
- 11:30am–1:30pm, Creating Art with Nature, The Outlet – Join PoCo Heritage for a free workshop using paint, glue, markers, and wood, nuts, seeds, flowers, and leaves to create amazing nature-based artwork.
- 12:00–5:00pm, The Outlet – Open Studio with Artist-in-Residence, Jessica Nelson. Nelson will be collecting stories and perspectives for her project WOMXN: An Exploration of how Womxn find their way in Society. This studio time is open to all individuals who identify as a womxn.
- Halloween Howl, Sat. Oct 19, Hyde Creek Recreation Centre
Family fun for children 10 years and under:
3–6pm Haunted House
- Art Focus Fall Art Show, Sat, Oct 26 and Sun Oct 27, 11am–5pm, The Outlet in Leigh Square
- Halloween Skate, Oct 27, Port Coquitlam Community Centre, 1:15-3:45pm Regular Admission. Dress up in your favourite Halloween Costume and enjoy an afternoon of skating, crafts and treats!
- Remembrance Day, Mon, Nov 11, 10:45am, Veteran’s Park
Honouring those who sacrificed for our country.
- Remembrance Day Skate, Nov 11, Port Coquitlam Community Centre
After the Remembrance Day Ceremony, spend the afternoon skating with family and friends in honour of our veterans at the. 1:15-2:45pm and 3-4:30pm; Regular Admission, Everyone Welcome
- Remembrance Stick And Puck, Nov 11, Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Drop in with friends and teammates to shoot the puck. Mandatory equipment: hockey gloves for all and CSA approved hockey helmet with face cage for 18yrs and under; helmet for 19yr+.
1–2:30pm R/S/P (4–12 yrs) $4/person
2:45–4:15pm Everyone Welcome $4/person
- Hyde Creek Salmon Festival, Sun, Nov 17, 11am–3pm, Hyde Creek Education Centre & Hatchery. Celebrate salmon with activities, dispays and more.
For more information, visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/events
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533