City of Port Coquitlam Reminds Motorists To Slow Down In Construction Zones
Construction around Port Coquitlam will be ramping up throughout the community and the City of is reminding motorists to drive safely near construction zones.
With plenty of upcoming road work happening throughout the City, drivers should remember to slow down in work zones and pay close attention to people and equipment working in the area.
Driving safety tips
- Drive slowly and exercise caution.
- Watch for stopped or slowing traffic.
- Obey the posted speed limits.
- Pay close attention to posted work zone warning signs. If the road is closed, drivers, cyclists and pedestrians should not proceed.
- Obey people and/or devices that are directing traffic through the area. Please do not remove signage for any reason.
- Watch for workers and related vehicles and equipment on the road
- Leave a safe distance between your vehicle and traffic barriers and workers
- Plan ahead to avoid delays and give yourself extra time for your commute especially in unfavourable weather conditions.
For information on road projects visit portcoquitlam.ca/roadclosures and stay informed of where construction is happening. Residents can also visit portcoquitlam.ca/capitalprojects to view upcoming capital projects planned in the community.
Fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present. It is also an offence to disobey stop or slow signs displayed by a traffic control person.
Construction is underway to improve the roads and infrastructure for the entire community. The City appreciates motorists for their patience and for driving safely.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam