Enjoy Free Skate and More at Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Join us for a free Public Skate on Saturday, September 14, from 3:15–4:45 p.m. at the new Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
Bring the whole family and check out the new facility including two arenas, the Terry Fox Library, Wilson Lounge and kitchen, games room, multi-purpose space, lobby, concession and more!
Event-goers are encouraged to wear skating appropriate attire and walk, cycle, take transit or carpool as parking in the area is limited. Limited free rental equipment is available for the skate with a maximum of 225 on the ice at one time.
Hours for a variety of services at the PCCC are:
- Arena hours of operation: 6 a.m. to midnight. Monday to Sunday.
- Customer service hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday (may be extended for events, rentals or youth/senior activities)
- Terry Fox Library – 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday
- Youth Activities (Games Room and Wilson Lounge): 3 to 7 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 3 to 10 p.m. Friday and 5-10 p.m. Saturday
- Wilson Lounge – seniors’ drop-in: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
A leisure pool and fitness centre will open by early 2020, rounding out Phase 1. Phase 2 includes a third ice arena, gymnasium, children’s area, more multi-purpose spaces, underground parking and outdoor plazas and sport courts.
The PCCC is envisioned as a place where residents will gather and socialize, watch and participate in activities, and access a variety of services.
More information about the facility and construction is available at www.portcoquitlam.ca/pccc. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-927-7529 (programs) or 604-927-5420 (project).
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533