Fall Program Registration Begins July 26
Fall is just around the corner, and the City is excited to offer a wide variety of programs starting in September. Port Coquitlam residents of all ages can move, create and connect this fall with Pro-D day camps, skating, sports, fitness, visual and performing arts classes, swimming lessons and much more.
Registration will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, July 26 for Port Coquitlam residents, and 8 a.m. on Friday, July 29 for the general public. Residents can view the full range of programs in the fall leisure guide available online today, July 15 at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Day Camps: Pro-D Day and Winter Break Camps are back this year. Learn to skate, explore the wonder of art, or have a full day of fun and participate in games, crafts, swimming and other themed activities. Half day and full day camps are available. Details in the fall leisure guide, pages 4-5.
- Events: Celebrate Fall in the City with festivals, arts & entertainment. For a full list of fall events visit portcoquitlam.ca/events.
- Seniors Activities (Adult 60+): This fall, seniors are invited to participate in activites from line danincing to art classes. Don’t miss out on special events such as Monthly Socials. Details in the fall leisure guide, pages 32-35.
- Family Imagination Studio: Saturday afternoons for families to get creative together. Registration for families of up to 5 participants.
- Visual and performing arts classes (all ages): Learn some new moves with a dance class, get your hands messy with clay, or take part in a free workshop with one of the City’s Artists-in-Residence. Details in the fall leisure guide, pages 36-41.
- Swimming Lessons (all ages): Swim lessons will be available for a variety of levels, including preschool, Swim Kids and Advanced Aquatics. For details and schedule, visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
- Public Skating programs and lessons (all ages): Take private or group lessons to perfect your skating technique. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/skating.
- Fitness (age 12+): A variety of aerobics classes, yoga and wellness classes for all fitness abilities. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/fitness.
NEW – Go Online to Book Squash and Racquetball Courts at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre
As of July 4, 2022, residents are able to go online to book one-hour time blocks for the Squash and Racquetball courts at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre at portcoquitlam.ca/register. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Financial Assistance and Program Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. Eligible families can receive a 75 per cent discount on activities, including camps, through the Financial Assistance Program.
Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program.
Recreation 1:1 Program Support provides accessible and inclusive opportunities for children or youth in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
General Guidelines for Registered Program Access (full details available at portcoquitlam.ca/recreation – Know Before You Go)
- Participants are required to set up a free account at portcoquitlam.ca/register
- All participants (all ages) must pre-register for all registered drop-in activities
- Participants may withdraw from their session online up to 48 hours in advance with no penalty. If you require support, please call 604-927-PLAY(7529) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View program and registration information in the online fall leisure guide, at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam