Find Out How to Give the Gift of Experience on Dec. 16
Don’t contribute to your loved ones’ clutter this Christmas – give them an experience they’ll remember instead.
Drop by Hyde Creek Recreation Centre (1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam) on Saturday Dec. 16, 9 a.m. to noon to come and try out the following experiences for free:
- 9:00 am – weight room orientation
- 9:30 am – personal training orientation
- 10:00 am – weight room orientation
- 10:45 am – Pilates core class
- 11:15 am – spin cycling intro
- 11:30 am – spin cycling intro
- 11:45 am – yoga intro
As space is limited, a sign-up sheet will be available on a first come first served basis. There will also be free activities for kids, including a mini trampoline with pedometer, agility ladder, active markers and bean bag toss.
Other gifts ideas available through the City of Port Coquitlam include:
- Learn to skate or join a drop-in hockey program
- Sign up for group or private swimming lessons
- Relax and strengthen in yoga
- Take up line dancing
- Learn Spanish or a martial art
- Try out painting, woodcarving and other crafts
- Keep kids active with an afterschool program
Check out www.portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide for more ideas, then pick up the city’s experienceit cards to give memorable gifts of fun and health.
The reloadable gift cards are available in any amount and can be used for admission to any Port Coquitlam recreation facility or for any recreation program, service, merchandise or membership plan. The cards can be purchased and reloaded at any Port Coquitlam recreation facility.
Who knows? You could become known for giving the best gifts ever. You’ll also be helping out the earth by giving gifts that get used, not discarded.
Here are some other ideas for going green this holiday season:
- Plan your food shopping wisely: buy only what you need; buy bulk to reduce packaging, and bring your own reusable shopping bags.
- When entertaining, choose cloth napkins over paper, pack up leftovers in reusable containers, and put all unwanted leftovers in your green cart.
- After the holidays, chop up your Christmas tree and put it into your green cart, or attend a local tree-chipping event (info: portcoquitlam.ca/green).
- Recycle old or broken Christmas lights, don’t trash them (find out where with the Sort it Right! tool at portcoquitlam.ca/sortitright).
To learn more about creating memories, not garbage over the holidays, visit www.metrovancouver.org/christmas. For more information about Port Coquitlam’s experienceit cards, visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/giftcard.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam