Free Family Fun And Insider’s Look At Public Works Open House
Join us for a fun, interactive outdoor open house at the Public Works Yard on May 27 to get an insider’s look at Port Coquitlam’s Public Works services – from water to waste, roads to parks – see how the City is maintained, and serviced.
Held in honour of National Public Works Week May 21 to 27, the open house is being held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 27 at the Public Works Yard at 1737 Broadway Street (Entrance off of Cameron Avenue).
The open house is intended to raise awareness about the public works services that residents use every day. In Port Coquitlam, the Public Works division provides waste collection services and maintains and improves City infrastructure, such as streets and sidewalks; parks, trails and public spaces; the sewer, water and drainage system; and the City fleet.
The festival-style event has educational and fun activities for all ages, including:
- Hands-on displays for each Public Works service area: play the waste-sorting game, find out the journey of drinking water, learn about the snow removal program, get tips from the City’s gardeners and more.
- Heavy machinery on display or in action, including a garbage truck, backhoe, and snow plough; as well as sign making and traffic signal demos.
- Free children’s activities including balloon animals, buggy ride, flower planting and tractor-pulled hay rides.
- A BBQ by donation to SHARE Family and Community Services.
- FREE Compost – bring your containers.
- Giveaways and more.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam