Gradual Re-opening of Weight Room Facilities and Fitness Classes at Recreation Centres
The Provincial Health Officer announced an update to Public Health Orders allowing weight rooms and fitness facilities to re-open.
City Recreation staff are currently reviewing these new requirements and are actively working on plans for a gradual increase in services and re-opening of the Port Coquitlam Community Centre (PCCC) weight room.
The Port Coquitlam Community Centre (PCCC) weight room is now open for drop-in visits starting at 7:00 a.m. followed by pre-registered group fitness classes gradually restarting on Jan. 24, 2021 at both PCCC and Hyde Creek Recreation Centre (HC). Please visit portcoquitlam.ca/fitness for more information. An updated schedule will be available Jan. 21, 2022.
At this time, advanced registration and payment is required for all drop-in group fitness classes through portcoquitlam.ca/register. Registration will roll out as follows:
- Group Fitness classes gradually begins Mon. Jan. 24.
- Registration opens at 4:00 p.m. on Fri. Jan. 21 followed by a seven day in-advance rolling registration window. Please visit portcoquitlam.ca/fitness for schedule and registration information.
Drop-in fees are posted at portcoquitlam.ca/recfees.
If you plan to participate in one of our indoor fitness or sport programs or to spectate, please arrive early to allow time for the check-in process. Seated events, such as spectators at arenas or swimming pools, will be at 50 per cent capacity and are required to show proof of vaccination. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through the details.
For questions, please email Recreation at email@example.com or call 604-927.7529(PLAY).
Proof of Vaccination
The PHO order requires proof of double vaccination for:
- Indoor fitness classes and weight rooms (12 and older)
- Sport activities and arena sports (22 and older)
- Indoor skating rinks (12 and older. Registered child and youth lessons are excluded)
- Swimming (12 and older. i.e. Public Swim, Aqua fit, Lane Swim)
- All recreation programs except for people under 12 years of age or people 12 to 21 years of age participating in a program for children or youth
- Volunteers (12 and older), including coaches and referees, assisting with child or youth sport or programs
- Parents and caregivers participating in a program with their child
- All spectators including those watching preschool, children and youth programs including ice skating lessons, swimming and hockey programs (applies to groups of any size)
At this time, proof of vaccination is not required to participate in:
- Sport activities for age 21 or younger
- Terry Fox Library – all ages
- Non-recreation civic facilities such as City Hall and Annex, Public Works and Fire Halls
Residents are reminded that masks are required for people age 5 and up at all indoor City of Port Coquitlam facilities, regardless of vaccination status.
For more information, visit portcoquitlam.ca/restart or follow the City of Port Coquitlam on social media for updates.
Visit the B.C. government’s website to learn more about places where the BC Vaccine Card is required.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam