Hyde Creek Leisure Pool Closes Aug. 29 For Annual Maintenance
The Hyde Creek Recreation Centre’s leisure and lap pools will be closed for annual maintenance from Aug. 29 – Sept. 17.
The squash/racquetball courts, weight room and the gymnasium will remain open during regular hours of operation. A customer service attendant will be available to answer questions and take registrations.
The maintenance work is undertaken to ensure that health and safety regulations are met. The work includes:
- draining and repairing pool tanks,
- repair of lap pool tiles and re-grouting some areas,
- preventative maintenance work on mechanical system,
- new underwater pool lights
- installation of new rope swing
- miscellaneous repairs and painting
The City’s other recreation facilities are open during this period for the community to use:
- Centennial Pool (3050 Chester St.) open until Oct. 7
- Robert Hope Pool and Wading Pool (2137 Lamprey Dr.), Sun Valley Wading Pool (3700 Hamilton St.) and Routley Wading Pool (1570 Western Dr.) all open until Sept. 5
- All spray parks remain open through Sept.
- Castle and Sun Valley Parks, and spray features at Lions Park and Port Coquitlam Community Centre (PCCC), open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Port Coquitlam Community Centre Leisure Pool and Spray Park (2150 Wilson Street) open during regular hours
For full schedule details visit portcoquitlam.ca/pools.
Hyde Creek Recreation Centre is located at 1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam. For information about the facility’s amenities and schedules, visit the portcoquitlam.ca/recreation or call 604-927-PLAY (7529).
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam