Make it a Green Holiday – Give the Gift of Experience!
Give the gift of experience to your loved ones this holiday season by giving them a gift card to use at one of the City’s recreation facilities.
The gift cards can be used at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, Port Coquitlam Community Centre, or the Outlet to use for programs such as:
- Skate or drop-in hockey programs
- Group or private swimming lessons
- Yoga, fitness or dance classes
- Painting, woodcarving, and other arts and crafts
- Kids afterschool activities
Check out portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide for a full list of ideas, then pick up your One City Gift Cards to give memorable gifts of fun and health.
The reloadable gift cards are available in any amount and can be used for admission to any Port Coquitlam recreation facility or for any recreation program, service, merchandise, or membership plan. The cards can be purchased and reloaded at any Port Coquitlam recreation facility.
Who knows? You could become known for giving the best gifts ever. You’ll also be helping out the earth by giving gifts that get used, not discarded.
Here are some other ideas for going green this holiday season:
- Plan your food shopping wisely: buy only what you need; buy bulk to reduce packaging, and bring your own reusable shopping bags.
- When entertaining, choose cloth napkins over paper, pack up leftovers in reusable containers, and put all unwanted leftovers in your green cart.
- After the holidays, chop up your Christmas tree and put it into your green cart, or attend a local tree-chipping event (info: ca/green).
- Recycle old or broken Christmas lights, don’t trash them (find out where with the Sort it Right! tool at ca/sortitright).
To learn more about creating memories, not garbage over the holidays, visit metrovancouver.org/christmas. For more information about Port Coquitlam’s One City Gift Card, visit portcoquitlam.ca/giftcard.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam