MEDIA RELEASE: Tri-Cities Celebrate 2021 Graduates With Iconic Photos and More
The Tri-Cities are inviting graduates to mark their special milestone by taking photos at one of several locations at local parks.
The Cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody along with School District 43 are working together to support and recognize the graduates of 2021, who will be missing out on traditional ceremonies and celebrations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While all City parks and trails are available for graduates to take photos, Grad 2021 photo backdrops will be placed in the following locations in each community.
City of Coquitlam
- Inspiration Garden – Butterfly Bench and the Green Wall, south end of Town Centre Park (3099 Guildford Way)
- Town Centre Park – the Chief of the Undersea World eco-sculpture (1299 Pinetree Way)
- Riley Park – the lookout at the north side of the park (1315 Riley St.)
- Centennial Rose Garden (640 Poirier St.)
- Mundy Park – at the pollinator garden near the playground (641 Hillcrest St.)
- Como Lake Park – south end of the lake at the base of the paved path (700 Gatensbury St.)
City of Port Coquitlam
- Blakeburn Lagoons Park (2900-blk Elbow Pl.)
- Lions Park (2300 Lions Way)
- Castle Park (2252 Castle Cres.)
City of Port Moody
- Pioneer Memorial Park (275 Knowle Street)
- Rocky Point Park (2800 Blk Murray Street)
While the plans for each City will look slightly different, additional activities will also include:
- Congratulatory messages in the Tri-City News and on outdoor advertising spaces.
- Providing downloadable Grad 2021 signs for residents and businesses to post.
- Sharing congratulatory messages from Mayors, City Council and School Trustees.
- Issuing Council Proclamation for Grad Week and lighting up City Hall.
- Encouraging residents to post congratulatory messages on their City’s online engagement channels including providing a Grad 2021 Facebook profile photo frame.
Graduates are reminded to follow all public safety health orders while taking photos. Spreading out the locations throughout the Tri-Cities will help avoid large gatherings in one location.
For more information about plans specific to each city, visit your city website:
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533