Party on McAllister Avenue and More on Sept. 10
Downtown Port Coquitlam will be alive with entertainment, culture, food and beverages, fun activities, hockey tournaments and more this Saturday, when the City’s family-friendly street party on McAllister Avenue and other events will take place.
Everyone’s invited to Port Coquitlam’s free family-friendly festival on McAllister Avenue Sept. 10 from 1 to 7 p.m., celebrating the newly upgraded streetscape and important milestone in the City’s downtown revitalization efforts. Family and youth activities, food, local craft beverages, live entertainment and more are in store.
Other events taking place in the City’s downtown Sept. 10 include a Firefighter vs. RCMP charity hockey game at 3 p.m. at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre, the Moon Festival from 1 to 6 p.m. in Leigh Square with entertainment and family activities, and a Western Hockey League (WHL) pre-season game at 7 p.m. at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
Street Party on McAllister Avenue: Sept. 10, 1-7 p.m.
Join in the fun throughout the afternoon and early evening, including:
- Main stage entertainment on McAllister:
- 1-2:30 p.m.: Brad Lovell – soft rock oldie covers
- 3-5 p.m.: Side One – pop, country and Motown covers
- 5:30-7 p.m.: Michaela Slinger – pop indie originals and covers
- Food from area restaurants and a beverage garden with Patina Brewing, Provincial Spirits and Tinhouse Brewing,
- Family and youth activities including chalk art, mini golf, jumbo battleship, bubble hockey, arcade games and more,
- City and other community displays with information and giveaways, and
- A bingo punch card from the Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association, with a chance to win prizes for visiting local businesses.
For more details, see portcoquitlam.ca/streetfest.
Firefighters vs. RCMP Hockey Game: Sept. 10, 3 p.m., Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Head to Port Coquitlam Community Centre Sept. 10 at 3 p.m. for a fun charity hockey game in the Jon Baillie Arena, as Port Coquitlam firefighters face off against RCMP officers with proceeds going to the Port Coquitlam Professional Firefighters Charitable Society. Come out and cheer on your first responders.
Moon Festival: Sept. 10, 1-6 p.m., Leigh Square
Enjoy music and dance stage performances, a community market and other activities at the Moon Festival, co-hosted by PoCo Heritage and the Tri-City Chinese Community Society in Leigh Square Sept. 10 from 1 to 6 p.m. The event will raise funds for PoCo Heritage’s collection of artifacts from the Chinese community. See pocoheritage.org for more information.
WHL Pre-season Game: Sept. 10, 7 p.m., Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Tickets are still available for the second of two WHL pre-season games taking place at Port Coquitlam Community Centre’s Jon Baillie Arena next weekend. Watch the Prince George Cougars take on the Victoria Royals Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. in this exciting matchup. Tickets can be purchased for $11 through portcoquitlam.ca/pgcougars (search WHL or use barcode #72328).
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam